Careers - Mortgage Loan Officer
"Get Your MLO On!"
Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) will work with potential clients over the phone. The MLO will be responsible for building relationships with the borrowers and helping with their mortgage needs. The MLO will also be responsible for implementing the strategies of USVM by helping Veterans get the product that is best for their situation. When communicating with a client, the MLO will be responsible for determining which mortgage products best meet the borrower's needs and financial circumstances; advising the borrower regarding the advantages and disadvantages of various products in conjunction with the borrower's specific needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Interviews mortgage loan applicants over the phone by gathering required information for credit application, explaining options, rates, terms and collateral requirements.
- Requests information needed for Pre-qualifying.
- Pre-Qualifies file by analyzing and verifying information provided.
- Reviews documentation and credit report.
- Requests additional information from the realtor or applicant as required.
- Complete application package, including good faith estimates and truth in lending disclosures.
- Knowledge of state and federal lending regulations.
- Demonstrated customer relation and sales/marketing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills through all delivery channels.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and possess ability to multitask.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Organizes files, collects member deposits and submit information to ensure timely processing of application.
- Proven ability to set and reach production goals.
- Mortgage Loan Officer License is a plus but if you are not currently licensed and have never been a MLO then we may sponsor your training/education as part of your employment.
- Ongoing retention of licensure will be required.
- Highly personable and friendly.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Sound Understanding of Finance principles.
- Self motivated and structured discipline to follow up on leads.
- Great computer skills, familiar with all Microsoft products and ability to learn new software such as Loan Origination Software and Customer Relations Management software.
What's In It For You?
This is a 100% commission based position where performance determines pay. We start MLOs at a base commission structure that is tiered so as you close more loans you make more money per loan. We provide the tools, training, technology and environment that is conductive to successful loan originating. We offer a healthy, clean, safe and enjoyable work environment with a close family culture. We trust that you'll enjoy coming into work each day and will gain satisfaction working with our great team and our wonderful clients.
We would love to hear from you. Please visit the link below to fill out a small questionnaire and follow the instructions found on that page. We will review over your information and reach out if we believe that you will be a good fit within our organization and culture.